Friday, June 14, 2019

Begining

My life

I was born in Minnesota, at the ST Joseph hospital in the city of Brainerd, in Cass County. The trip began in Aitkin county, in the Waukenabo township, during a blizzard at night on the 29th of January, 1946. Dad drove to our neighbors house to his old friend Cody, and Cody road on the hood of dads Plymouth, tucked in his warm Mackinaw, carrying a flashlight and yelling at dad with his window down, telling him where to steer. After 20 miles of this trip they arrived at the midwives house in Aitkin and found it was filled up, so they had to go 30 more miles to Brainerd for me to be born. So I came into the world with an explosion, of frustration, anticipation, anxiety, fear, and confusion, and I bet a lot of swearing, that cold snowy windy night of pure hell.

It seems most of my life was always full of explosions out of nowhere, of suspense, confusion, fear, and frustration for me and many around me, whenever a new adventure or experiment in my life began. As most know from birth, and our first breath of life we begin learning, as we experiment with the feeling that we have, called learning. I remember my first sight of sex and wondered what was going on, with my sister. A bull in the pasture had humped a cow and was really going at it, leaving a trail of slimy fluid coming form the cows, well you know what I mean. So as farm kids we were well educated back then as every animal, from humping pigs, rabbits, chickens, ducks, that went at it over and over again, and we learned real quick by watching and experimenting, what was going on. So for us it seemed a normal thing for humans to do, to help each other to cope with daily life, to remain sane, and compassionate. Of course as we grew older we began to learn guilt, that we realized animals didn't have, and that to us was confusing and all this confusion educated us daily on the need for being there for each other. Soon it became blood is thicker then water, but one day even that ended, but the experimentation on things related to our lives never ended, it just became more confusing. None of us will ever know, what is truly right or wrong until the day we meet the maker. Then I believe we will be surprised. I think the secret is being able to forgive and forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment